McAlester Public Schools officials want more information and community input before deciding whether to act on a policy allowing board-approved personnel to carry handguns. Should school personnel be allowed to carry handguns on campus?
This Week's Circulars
Waunell Finamore, 89, of McAlester, died Friday, Feb. 21, in Oklahoma City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Brumley-Mills Funeral Home of McAlester.
Wilma "Midge" Van Hoozer, 84, of Crowder, died Friday in Tulsa. Arrangements are pending with Bishop Funeral Service and Crematory.
Arthur "Wayne" Harland, 80, of McAlester went to be with the Lord on Sunday, February 16, 2020. A memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, February 22, 2020 at Mt. Triumph Baptist Church. The Family will gather at the home of his sister, Will Ella Davis.
- Skeletal remains identified as Holly Cantrell
- UPDATE: Building owner: I just wanted to know everybody was OK
- Sheriff declares Pittsburg Co. 'Second Amendment Sanctuary'
- Multiple agencies investigating Haileyville finances
- Oxygen series focuses on McAlester abuse case
- Rentie to students: It's all about attitude
- Our view: We agree with tribes on gaming dispute
- Former Haileyville employee pleads guilty to forgery charges
- Motion to dismiss denied in first-degree murder case
- McAlester junior excels in young modeling career