Baker Mayfield’s probably been in my head since the fourth quarter of the second game he ever played at Oklahoma.
NORMAN — Theo Wease and Trejan Bridges ran matching routes from opposite ends of the line of scrimmage, but Wease was more fortunate to work with an open field.
Gov. Kevin Stitt’s down-to-earth leadership style coupled with his charisma and business acumen is changing the way the state’s top executive office operates and is perceived, observers say.
It was 1993 when then-professional basketball star Charles Barkley famously said “I am not a role model.” His point — that children should look to their parents for inspiration, not professional athletes — was well taken.
America’s fighting men and women deserve leaders who understand history, who will commit their lives to war only as the last resort, and who, preferably, would have had the courage to face a fight themselves.
This Week's Circulars
Billy Charles Williams Sr., 82, of High Hill, died on Saturday, June 22, 2019, in Savanna. The family will receive friends at Brumley-Mills Funeral Home on Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Memorial services will be held on Thursday, June 27, at 2 p.m at Dow Baptist Church.
Richard Warren Tomasi, memorial, 10 a.m., Jubilee Worship Center in Haskell; Celebration of life, 2 to 6 p.m., Arrowhead State Park - Turkey Flat Pavilion in Canadian.
Gary Gene Madden, 69, of McAlester, died on April 19, 2019, at his home. Gary was born on May 4, 1949, in Alhambra, California, to Val and Rose Mary (O'Dell) Madden. He served four years in the United States Navy on the USS Ticonderoga as a mechanic. Gary received an honorable discharge on S…
- Sheriff: Homicide investigation opened for body found in McAlester
- Arrest made in McAlester homicide investigation
- Man wanted for numerous felonies
- More than 80 grams of meth seized after traffic stop
- Frustration with crime, drugs
- McAlester man receives 10-year prison sentence
- Sheriff: 'Dangerous criminals' arrested
- Pittsburg County Criminal Court Filings – June 10-14, 2019
- DHS director names new Child Welfare Director
- Kiowa's Green doubles as musician