“As one digs deeper into the national character of the Americans, one sees that they have sought the value of everything in this world only in the answer to this single question: how much money will it bring in?”
The night the Thunder last fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, last Saturday, it appeared the Lakers simply shot the lights out and some games you’re just destined to lose.
President Donald Trump's order to launch a drone strike that killed Iranian Revolutionary Guard Gen. Qassem Soleimani, which resulted in the Iraq Parliament's vote to pass a nonbinding resolution to expel all American forces, was executed without an official declaration of war, but Trump did meet the 48-hour notification deadline required by the War Powers Act of 1973.
NORMAN — Any curiosity about how Ragan Smith would adjust to life at Oklahoma was erased when she stepped upon the balance beam in her college debut two weeks ago.
When people used to think of "trolls," images of stout but ugly creatures, loitering under bridges waiting for goats or humans to cross, came to mind. But those are presumably fictitious characters, whereas modern "trolls" are all too real.
This Week's Circulars
Martha “Pat” Linell Burger, 10 a.m., First Baptist Church of Wilburton, Jones-Harkins Funeral Home.
Laura Nell Cook passed away peacefully on Thursday, January 9, 2020, in her home surrounded by loved ones. A memorial service for Laura will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 20, at Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church. She was born on May 4, 1929, in Reams, to Jim and Hollie Cook. When…
Gary Dale Prine passed away on January 8, 2020. Gary was born on October 29, 1950, in Okmulgee, to Robert H. Prine and Dorthy Jean (Sadler) Prine. He served in the United States Army, with a tour in Vietnam in 1969. Gary is survived by his wife, Susan (Corn) Prine; two children from a previo…
- Judge declares mistrial in murder case
- Haileyville city employee charged in forgery case
- Lawmaker intolerant of lactose alternatives
- Historic Orthodox Church gets fresh look
- Red Oak's Caldwell commits to Oklahoma State
- 5 THINGS TO KNOW: Annual rodeo in McAlester returns for fifth year
- Ramblin' Round: Woody: 'This Land Is Your Land' celebrates 80 years
- Jury selected in civil trial over Quinton explosion
- Lexie Lerblance: 'Making the Best Better'
- Attorneys present opening statements in trial over Quinton explosion