Greg McGee, beekeeper at Hunter’s Home, discusses the bee situation at the historic site.
As featured on
Of the many things Hunter’s Home showcases for its guests, others take place more behind the scenes. The bees raised on the property fall into that category, but over the past few weeks, the hives have suffered a severe drop in numbers, as the cold wiped out nine of the 10 hives on the property.
This Week's Circulars
James W. Murrin, 88, of Indianola, passed away on Thursday at St. John Medical Center in Tulsa. Arrangements are pending with Brumley-Mills Funeral Home in McAlester.
Bobby Logsdon, 69, of Tannehill died Friday in Tulsa. The family will greet relatives and friends 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday at Bishop Funeral Service and Crematory. A funeral service will be held 2:00 p.m. Tuesday at Bishop Chapel of Memories. Burial will follow at Tannehill Cemetery.
- Tribe charges woman accused of child abuse
- Council votes to strike McAlester's mask mandate
- Dancing Rabbit Music Festival coming to McAlester
- OSP inmate indicted in international drug ring bust
- Sentencing hearing scheduled in Hartshorne embezzlement case
- Pittsburg County District Court criminal filings - April 5-9, 2021
- WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: Angie Nelp named as Tulsa head coach
- McAlester getting $1 million to help with COVID relief
- McAlester Public Schools joins lawsuit vs. state board
- Inhofe defends his vote for Biden’s win as Republican officials call for party unity