RIPLEY – Two individuals tied to Ripley Public Schools in Payne County have been snared in a prostitution crime sting, according to multiple reports.
Seeing his mother be dragged screaming and crying from the court room, Alton Carter vowed, “Never in a million years will a judge tell me I’m not fit to be a father.”
The interpretation of the law extends not only to the courts, but to individuals who parent just as they were parented, or have learned what works for their children.
The law regarding child abuse, including discipline taken to extreme, is considered outdated and open to interpretation. It hasn't been updated since the 1960s.
The boat isn’t much — an aluminum tray, a copper coil, and a tea candle — but it sputters along the water anyway, to the cheering amazement of the spectating eighth-graders. Of course they’re excited; after all, they built the boat.
This Week's Circulars
Robert Arthur Dibell, services, 2 p.m., Brumley-Mills Chapel; graveside, next week at Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery, Brumley-Mills Funeral Home of McAlester.
Clifford Grant, 85, of McAles-ter, died on Thursday, October 10, 2019, in McAlester. The family will welcome friends at Brumley-Mills Funeral Home on Sunday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Funeral services will be on Monday, October 14, at 10 a.m. at Brumley-Mills Chapel. Burial will follow at Ulan Cemetery.
Robert Arthur Dibell, viewing, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Brumley-Mills Funeral Home of McAlester.
Reuben Edward Deela, 70, of Wilburton, passed away on Monday, October 7, 2019, at his home. Services will be on Friday, October 11, at 2 p.m. at Waldrop Chapel. Burial will follow at Lutie Cemetery in Wilburton. Officiatng will be the Rev. Bud Vinson and the Rev. Willard Francis. Services ar…
- OHP: Woman dies after being ejected from vehicle
- Man fatally shot by deputy identified
- OHP: McAlester woman killed in Tuesday accident
- Sheriff: Cold case DNA to enter national database
- Local department store to change brands in 2020
- Video, audio detail trooper-involved fatal shooting
- New officer assigned to courthouse security
- Trooper helps Pittsburg County mom with flat tire
- Wilburton reaches state AP football rankings
- Locals among federal indictments for drug ring