OKLAHOMA CITY — Lawmakers have agreed to spend $8 million to upgrade state Capitol security after a man drove onto the grassy grounds this spr…
State lawmakers passed 59.4% percent of prosecutor-backed bills and struck down every measure they opposed during the four-year study period.
Reina Owens has been promoted to publisher of the McAlester News-Capital after serving as general manager the past three years. Her appointmen…
It’s no secret Muskogee is “biker friendly,” and the area has some of the best motorcycle riding in Oklahoma. The Bedouin Shrine Iron Horse Patrol, of Muskogee, has also been doing their share to promote our area to motorcycle enthusiasts by hosting their annual Poker Run for 13 years. The best thing about this is the money they raise for charity with the annual event. Their motto is “Big Kids helping Little Kids.” The sponsors pay for the prize money, and 100% of what the bikers spend goes to the Bedouin Shrine Children’s Hospital Transportation Fund.
Since time immemorial, Cherokees have told stories. In them, they learn about their history. They also learn about morals. The lessons they impart or pick up lead them to understanding who they are.
This Week's Circulars
Viola Caudill, 85, a resident of the Gowen Community passed away Thursday June 10, 2021 at home. A Graveside service will be held a 11:00 AM Monday June 14, 2021 in the Pavilion at Bache-Red Oak Cemetery. There will be a family and friends visitation on Sunday June 13, 2021 from 5:00pm to 7:…
Neil Jay Parks, Jr. of Wilburton died Wednesday June 9, 2021 in McAlester at a local nursing center. Viewing will be Noon to 6:00 p.m., Sunday, June 13, 2021 at Bishop Funeral Service and Crematory. A graveside service will be 10:00 a.m., Monday, June 14, 2021 at Veterans Colony Cemetery, Wi…
- First walls going up for Shops at McAlester project
- HS BASEBALL: McAlester tabs Justin Mullins to lead baseball program
- Multi-state marijuana trafficking ring busted in Haskell County
- Pittsburg County District Court criminal filings – June 7-11, 2021
- Street signs up for Herbert McIntosh Jr. Street
- Voters pick Kent Davis as best McAlester defensive back ever
- Dancing Rabbit expands ahead of Fullbright set Saturday
- McAlester Community Theatre to produce 'The Little Mermaid Jr.'
- Voting open for fan favorite all-time McAlester running back
- Voting open for fan favorite all-time McAlester defensive backs