Passengers in the rear section of the B-29 "Doc" had to rely on a video screen to see the view from the front of the aircraft. The screen allowed passengers to watch the plane while landing at Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
Dr. Brent Brown, OU College of Medicine professor and chief of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, speaks July 13 on what patients go through in and out of the hospital.
This Week's Circulars
Hubert Eugene (Pete) Mills, 84, of Wilburton, passed away on Wednesday, July 21, 2021 Services are Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 10 a.m. at the High Bridge Baptist Church with the burial to follow in the High Bridge Cemetery. Officiating will be Rev. Larry Mayes. Viewing will be on Monday, July …
- Federal trial set for McAlester man
- Hot dog stand owner relishes success
- CATHEY: When the missing torch from 1959 Chicago games was found in McAlester
- What’s in it for OU? Revenue and recruiting
- Chief gives updates on tribe during McAlester visit
- Expo Center operations in flux as deadline looms
- Oklahoma lawmakers want governor to ban hospitals from requiring vaccinations for employees
- County health officials want more people to get COVID-19 vaccination
- Pittsburg County District Court criminal filings – July 19-23, 2021
- Settlement reached in McAlester school flood suit