From submitted reports
“May Flowers” was the theme for the gathering of more than 100 First Baptist Church PrimeTimers and guests who met in the church fellowship hall for entertainment, lunch and routine business matters.
Robert Way, retired Haileyville School principal, brought his guitar and entertained with several inspirational numbers. He was introduced by Jennievie Jones.
Dub Brown, president, was in charge of the meeting. Charley Hale gave the opening prayer.
Erma Dunn, secretary, read the minutes of the April meeting.
Elaine Brown, in the absence of Zoe Henley, gave the financial report and discussed coming travel opportunities.
Brown introduced the Rev. John Fream, the new pastor at the church. Fream spoke briefly, took prayer requests and dismissed the meeting with prayer.
Others attending the meeting included June Allen, Eudell and Marveda Barnes, Renee Barry, Hazel Beckham, Lucille Beckham, Leon and Freda Bernard, Alene Bledsoe, Leonard and Christine Briggs, Carol Bryant, George and Frances Carman, JoAnn Cheek, Phyllis Cusher and Alma Dunn.
Also, Leonard Dunn, Mary Deerinwater, Jeanette Edwards, Bill and Juanita Ellis, Pokie Everett, Ann Everly, Joyce Ferguson, Jean Ferrell, Frank and Sara Fisher, Dorothy Fleming, Lucille Ford, Orval and Rosemary Free, Billie Galloway, Lakie Gillespie and B.G. and Mel Jones.
Also, Freddie and Marie Gold, Pansy Gray, Joyce Hale, Calista Hawkins, Clyde Heathcock, Guy Hooser, Bethel Horne, Ruth Hunziker, Dorothy Johnson, Betty Kostankewich, Ferris Jones, Alta Lake, A.C. and Mary Lewis, Mary Lidle and Spec and Betty Little.
And, Harold McMahan, Dan and Beverly Morris, James Old, Donna Prock, Don and Sue Parham, Lorraine Ratliff, Ken and JoAnn Roberts, Opal Sellers, Dorothy Shirley, Laverne Smith, Velva Smith, Shirley Spinks, Susanna Stephens and Margaret Strange.
And, Joe and Deyne Tannehill, Bernice Turnbo, Emerson Virden, Fredonia Vogle, Betty Wade, W.C. and Monti Wallace, Leonard Webb.
Also, Margie McConnell, JoAnn Grippando, Shirley Rowe, Laurie Tuttle, Nancy Gates, Linda Lowber, Jean Cecil, Carrie Wood,, the Rev. Rodney Briggs, Mary Way, Dayna Barham and Rusty McMullen.
From submitted reports
- CRIME BRIEFS: Man charged with breaking glass onto baby
- World's largest steam locomotive to trek through McAlester
- McAlester man sentenced in wife's death
- Commissioners terminate city's lease on Expo Center
- Former Aryan Brotherhood leader, mother indicted for drug ring
- McAlester council approves agreement with Bird scooters
- 5 THINGS TO KNOW: How did Father's Day originate and how can I celebrate it Sunday?
- Election board verifies enough signatures for special audit
- Kiowa restaurant takes customer input for tasty menu
- James Brown's legacy continues with special shirt