Representatives of the McAlester Young Professionals spoke to the McAlester Lions Club recently. Visiting after the noon meeting were pictured from left, Lions President Neal Wood, Regina Peoples, Vicki Jones and Lion Ray Miller. The Young Professionals spoke about their "Adopt a Block" program, in partnership with the City, Pride in McAlester and the Chamber, in which businesses or individuals pledge to clean a four-block stretch of designated roadway of litter once every 12 weeks.
This Week's Circulars
Clara Helen (Anderson) Caver, of Ft. Worth, Texas, formerly of McAlester passed away on April 17, 2021. Services will be held Sat. April 24 at 10 a.m. at Cedar Hill Memorial Park in Arlington, TX.
Jerrold "Jerry" Wayne Perteet, 71, of McAlester, passed away Saturday, April 17, 2021. Viewing will be Thursday until 5:00 p.m. and Friday until 8:00 p.m. at Brumley-Mills Funeral Home. A service celebrating his incredible life will be held Saturday, April 24, at 10:00 a.m. at the First Unit…
James W. Murrin, 88, of Indianola, passed away on Thursday at St. John Medical Center in Tulsa. Arrangements are pending with Brumley-Mills Funeral Home in McAlester.
Bobby Logsdon, 69, of Tannehill died Friday in Tulsa. The family will greet relatives and friends 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday at Bishop Funeral Service and Crematory. A funeral service will be held 2:00 p.m. Tuesday at Bishop Chapel of Memories. Burial will follow at Tannehill Cemetery.
- RAMBLIN ROUND: Buffalo Springfield: Beginning enduring musical careers
- OSP inmate indicted in international drug ring bust
- 'This is justice': McAlester law enforcement, residents react to Chauvin trial verdicts
- Grillmarks festival returns to McAlester
- Sizemore charged in federal court for death of daughter
- Tribe's public safety director details cross-deputizaion
- 5 THINGS TO KNOW: What happens after a charge is dismissed due to McGirt?
- Charge dismissed in 2019 murder case
- Pittsburg County District Court criminal filings - April 12-16, 2021
- Tribal council approves temporary measure decriminalizing medical marijuana