McAlester Public Schools officials want more information and community input before deciding whether to act on a policy allowing board-approved personnel to carry handguns. Should school personnel be allowed to carry handguns on campus?
Rev. Anthony Washington led community members in a peaceful march Wednesday along Carl Albert Parkway in McAlester in a statement of solidarity against injustice.
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
Richard Eugene Sims, 63, of Red Oak, passed away at his home on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. There will be private family services only. Services are under the direction of Waldrop Funeral Home of Wilburton.
- UPDATE: Mayor: We should move toward reconciliation, away from hate
- UPDATE: OSBI: Wilburton officer was stabbed 'several times' before fatally shooting man
- Tentative date set for reopening of Choctaw casinos
- Riots erupt overnight in Oklahoma City in protest of George Floyd incident
- OHP: Man dead, two hospitalized after Jeep hits tree in Pittsburg County
- 'Trying to make a difference': Pastor hopes for solidarity with local march
- CRIME BRIEFS: Deputy injured during man's arrest
- Pittsburg County District Court criminal filings — May 25 – 29, 2020
- Man charged for 'Sad King' graffiti across McAlester
- OSDH: 68 new COVID-19 cases confirmed Friday, three more deaths reported