Charlene Parker, owner of Wood N’ Stitches in Talihina, has agreed to be in charge of this year’s quilt show.
Rules and regulations:
• All quilts must be set up between 7 and 9 p.m. on Oct. 25 at the Talihina School Little Gym.
• Each entrant is responsible for displaying and removing quilts.
• Quilts are to be removed by 7 p.m. on Oct. 27.
• The entry form deadline is Oct. 2.
• Each entrant may submit one entry per category.
• Each entrant must be the owner or maker of the quilt.
• Entries may not have been displayed or judged in any category at previous quilt shows.
• Entries must have sewn-in sleeves or tabs for hanging and displaying.
• Entries must have attached label sewn onto the back left-hand corner which displays exhibitor and quilter names, addresses and phone numbers.
• If exhibiting quilts for another exhibitor, written permission from owner and crafter is required.
• Entries must have been completed after Jan. 1 and be in clean and good condition.
The various categories in the quilt show, which is part of Talihina’s annual Fall Foliage Festival, are:
• Hand-pieced and hand-quilted
• Appliquéd and quilted by hand
• Appliquéd and quilted by machine
• Machine pieced and quilted
• Hand-tied quilts
• Embroidered quilts by hand
• Embroidered quilts by machine.
Vintage quilts may be displayed for a viewer’s choice certificate only.
To receive an entry form, contact Vera Nelson at 918-567-3434, firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlene Parker at 918-647-6187 or email@example.com.
Entries will be judged in each category and the top three will receive a certificate.
All entries and categories (except Vintage Quilts) will be judged together for best in show.
This year the fall festival will be held Oct. 26 from 4 to 8 p.m. with a street dance on the festival grounds from 8 to 11 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To reserve booth space or for more information, contact the Talihina Chamber of Commerce at 918-567-3434, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.talihinacc.com.