Waurika Police Department was active in the month of March, writing 92 citations, issuing about 50 warnings and making 10 arrests for a variety of violations.
The department received approximately 220 calls during the month and investigations are continuing in regard to some of those calls, Police Chief Gary Whittington said, in a report during the Waurika City Commission’s regular meeting for March.
Of the 92 citations issued, 90 were written through the Waurika Municipal Court, including 43 tickets for speeding.
These were the citations issued through the municipal court:
- Speeding: 43
- No proof of liability insurance: 10
- Failure to stop at stop sign: 15
- Expired driver’s license/no driver’s license/driving under suspension: 5
- Reckless driving: 2
- Miscellanous/other charges: 10
- Failure to pay all taxes due state: 2
- Public intoxication: 1
- Driving under the influence: 2
- Possession of drug paraphernalia: 2.