McALESTER — Updates on local district and regional baseball and softball tournaments:
• The Crowder Demons swept the Savanna Bulldogs in Thursday's district tournament, winning 19-0 and 9-1 to advance to Regionals.
• The Hartshorne Miners swept Liberty in Thursday's district tournament, winning 10-1 and 11-1 to advance to Regionals.
• The Kiowa Cowboys lost 3-2 to Vanoss at Regionals but then beat Keota 12-2 on Thursday to stay alive. Kiowa needs to beat Vanoss today at 4 p.m., then Roff today at 6 p.m. and Saturday at 1 p.m. to advance to state.
• Shawnee beat Coweta 7-0 on Thursday to take over first place in District 5A-4. Shawnee plays Pryor today, with a Shawnee victory guaranteeing McAlester at least second place and a home regional tournament.
McAlester plays Shawnee on Saturday in a game that could decide the district championship.
• Pittsburg's Trei Haynes placed high enough among individuals from non-qualifying schools to advance to Wednesday's state golf tournament.
• The Quinton Lady Savages lost 17-1 to Tushka — the defending state champions and top-ranked team in Class 3A — and then 13-3 to Wister at Regionals, ending their postseason.
• The Stuart Lady Hornets beat Weleetka 5-3 in the first round of Regionals, lost 4-2 to Stonewall in the semifinals but beat Sterling 9-5 in the consolation finals Thursday to advance to Wednesday's Class 2A state slowpitch tournament. Stuart plays Binger-Oney in the quarter-finals at 10 a.m.
All state tournament games will take place Wednesday at The Ballfields at Firelake in Shawnee. The semifinals will take place at 4 p.m., then the championship at 7 p.m.