McALESTER — The Pitt 8 slowpitch softball tournament will take place Tuesday at the Pittsburg County Softball Complex in McAlester. Though the Pitt 8 normally contains eight teams — hence the name — Savanna hasn’t fielded a slowpitch team this season.
Because of this, top-seed Stuart has received an automatic bye into the semifinals. The Lady Hornets will play the winner of Pittsburg-Haileyville, the loser of which will automatically advance to the consolation championship.
• Pittsburg vs. Haileyville, 3 p.m.
• Crowder vs. Indianola, 3 p.m.
• Canadian vs. Kiowa, 3 p.m.
• Semifinal 1, Stuart vs. Pittsburg/Haileyville, 4:15 p.m.
• Semifinal 2, Crowder/Indianola vs. Canadian/Kiowa, 4:15 p.m.
• Consolation semifinal, Crowder/Indianola vs. Canadian/Kiowa, 4:15 p.m.
• Consolation championship, 5:30 p.m.
• Third-place game, 5:30 p.m.
• Championship, 5:30 p.m.
Crowder is the defending tournament champion. Stuart is the defending conference champion.
Contact Matt Goisman at firstname.lastname@example.org