McALESTER — Three Quinton Savages and two Savanna Bulldogs received All-District A-6 honors in a list provided Wednesday by Savanna head football coach James Bond. The Talihina Golden Tigers led all teams with seven honorees.
From the Savages, sophomore Peyton Knell was named Quarterback of the Year. Freshman lineman Dillon Ford earned Co-Newcomer of the Year, and junior running back Preston Lemons was named Injured Co-Player of the Year.
Quinton seniors Quintin Needham, Micheal Adcock and Kenny Boyd made the All-District A-6 First Team as a wide receiver, offensive lineman and defensive lineman, respectively. Senior lineman Michael Sisco earned Honorable Mention.
From the Bulldogs, senior linebacker Christian Preston earned Defensive Player of the Year and senior Kane Konsure earned Co-Defensive Lineman of the Year. Savanna senior Hunter Needham was named a First Team running back, and senior Tanner Dugger was named a First Team linebacker.
No Canadian Cougars earned top honors, but senior Caleb Jarrett was named a Second Team quarterback. Senior linebacker Matt Hill and senior wide receiver David Gaylor earned Honorable Mention.
From the Haileyville Warriors, senior running back and linebacker Brian Gibson earned Honorable Mention.
Other awards from District A-6 included:
• Most Valuable Player: Alan Lockhart, Talihina
• Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Busch, Central Sallisaw
• Running Back of the Year: Bryar Humphreys, Talihina
• Co-Offensive Lineman of the Year: Jordan and Caleb Blue, Talihina
• Wide Receiver of the Year: Michael Davis, Central Sallisaw
• Co-Defensive Lineman of the Year: Chris Jarvis, Gore
• Linebacker of the Year: Logan Hillebrand, Talihina
• Defensive Back of the Year: Wade Shanks, Gore
• Special Teams Player of the Year: Blake Pearce, Central Sallisaw
• Co-Newcomer of the Year: Preston Derby, Talihina
• Injured Co-Player of the Year: Blakelee Lehnick, Gore
• Coach of the Year: Kelly Gravitt, Talihina
Talihina went undefeated in District A-6, reaching the Class A semifinals and finishing 13-1 overall. Savanna finished second with a 5-1 district record, reaching the second round of the playoffs and finishing 9-3.
Quinton finished fourth with a 3-3 district record, qualified for the playoffs and finished 5-5. Canadian finished seventh with a 1-5 district and 1-8 overall district.
Haileyville finished last at 0-10.
Contact Matt Goisman at firstname.lastname@example.org.