The Pittsburg County Commissioners rejected all bids received for the building of a fire station for the Tannehill Fire Department.
The bids received did not meet exactly what we are looking for in the 60 foot by 70 foot fire station building, said Commission Vice Chairman Kevin Smith. The three county commissioners — Smith, Ronnie Young and Gene Rogers — then approved a resolution to re-advertise for bids for the building.
Also on the agenda, commissioners approved the Feb. 4 meeting minutes, blanket purchase orders and weekly fuel bids.
Commissioners also unanimously approved the following agenda items:
• A Fair Housing Resolution;
• A resolution consenting to and approving the assignment of the cable franchise and system to BCI Allegiance, LLC;
• Awarding a bid for a motor grader;
• A resolution to declare some District 1 items surplus;
• A resolution to cancel a Haileyville Volunteer Fire Department purchase order; and
• A resolution to cancel a Pittsburg County Clerk purchase order.
The Pittsburg County Commissioners meet every Monday at 9 a.m. in the county commissioners conference room at the Pittsburg County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
Contact Rachel Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more on this story, see the print or electronic editions of the McAlester News-Capital. Click here for print edition home delivery or click here to see the Smart Edition for your computer, tablet, e-reader or smart phone.