The Breakdown - March 2013
• Drug and/or Alcohol — Of the 74 people charged with felony counts, 31 were charged with drug or alcohol- related charges. This category includes driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, possession of drugs (including methamphetamine, Marijuana, Lorazepam and K2 or synthetic cannabinoids), possession of drugs with intent to distribute, distribution of drugs, manufacturing methamphetamine or endeavoring to manufacture methamphetamine, possession of drugs near a school or park or housing authority and trafficking in illegal drugs.
• Theft — Of the 74 people charged, 18 were charged with theft. This category includes grand larceny, automobile theft, concealing stolen property or possession of stolen property, embezzlement, forgery, theft from a retailer obtaining merchandise by false pretenses, bogus check, false declaration of ownership in pawn and sale of mortgaged property.
• Burglary — Of the 74 people charged, five were charged with burglary. This category includes second degree burglary.
• Assault — Of the 74 people charged, 11 were charged with assault. This category includes domestic assault and battery, assault resulting in great bodily harm, assault with a deadly or dangerous weapon, assault on a police officer and assault on a correctional officer or government employee.
• Firearm/Explosive —Of the 74 people charged, eight had a firearm- or explosive- related charges. This category includes possession of a firearm after a former felony conviction or during probation, possession of a simulated explosive device, transporting and possessing an explosive device and feloniously pointing a firearm.
• Inmate Crime — Of the 74 people charged, one was charged with assault on corrections personnel.
• Sex Crimes — Of the 74 people charged, four are facing a felony sex crime charges. This category includes first degree rape, sexual battery, rape by instrumentation and lewd or indecent proposals or acts to a child younger than 16 years of age.
• Crimes against Children — Of the 74 people charged, 10 are accused of crimes against children. This category includes child abuse by injury, enabling child abuse by injury, omitting to provide for a minor child, lewd or indecent proposals or acts to a child and child neglect.
• Conspiracy — Of the 74 people charged, three are facing felony conspiracy counts.