By Rachel Petersen
Commissioners hold executive session to conduct personnel evaluations
By RACHEL PETERSEN
The Pittsburg County Commissioners held an executive session Monday to conduct personnel performance evaluations for five county employees. Evaluations were done for:
• Pittsburg County Animal Shelter Director Sandra Hefley;
• Pittsburg County Emergency Management Director Trent Myers;
• Pittsburg County Maintenance employee Carl Thomason;
• Pittsburg County Second Deputy Judy Cunningham; and
• Pittsburg County First Deputy Sandra Crenshaw.
The commissioners did not take any action after completing the personnel performance evaluations in executive session.
In other action, Pittsburg County commissioners unanimously approved the following agenda items:
• Approval of the agenda;
• Approval of the March 25, 2013, meeting minutes;
• Approval of blanket purchase orders and awarding of weekly fuel bids;
• Awarding a bid to Casco for four or more Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBAs) for the Haywood-Arpelar Volunteer Fire Department to be purchased with funds provided by a REAP Grant and county fire tax dollars;
• Approval of a supplemental agreement between Pittsburg County District No. 2 and SAIC Energy for survey work for the Brushy Creek Bridge Project;
• Approval of a resolution to re-advertise for the construction of a 40 foot, by 80 foot fire station building for the Shady Grove Volunteer Fire Department, to be purchased by county fire tax dollars;
• Approval to cancel a $675 purchase order for the Canadian Volunteer Fire Department for fire program software, which was purchased via another purchase order;
• Approval to cancel a $396 purchase order, which was never used, in District No. 1 to OK Tire.
Also on the agenda, Pittsburg County Animal Shelter Director Sandra Hefley gave a monthly report to the commissioners. Pittsburg County Court Clerk Cindy Smith requested $1,213 for the travel fund and commissioners discussed placing the item on the next regular meeting agenda.
Pittsburg County commissioners meet every Monday at 9 a.m. in the commissioners conference room at the Pittsburg County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
Contact Rachel Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more on this story, see the print or electronic editions of the McAlester News-Capital. Click here for print edition home delivery or click here to see the Smart Edition for your computer, tablet, e-reader or smart phone.