The McAlester Public Library will offer a free Computer Skills Workshop from April 16 to 18.
The hands-on workshop will be taught by computer technician Anthony Smart and each participant will have a computer to work with. The class will be held from 2:30 until 4 p.m. each day and is limited to 10 students.
At the end of the three days, each participant will be able to:
• Identify hardware components
• Power on, off and restart a computer
• Recognize typical features of an application
• Print documents
• Use print preview before printing documents
• Understands the Start Menu and its features
• Has knowledge of drop-down menus, radio buttons, checkboxes etc.
• Minimal word processing
• Understands a browser and its features
• Understands and uses keywords in a simple search
• Understand key features of a webpage
• Interprets features of an inbox, compose message and retrieved message
• Retrieves and replies to an email
• Sends an attachment with an email
• Recognize spam and phishing attacks
To sign up, call the library during normal business hours at 918-426-0930.