McAlester Firefighters and police are on the scene of an electrical injury on U.S. Highway 69 at Fenton Nissan.
According to reports at the scene, a man - that witnesses said was from Amarillo, Texas - had been working on an electric sign at the dealership when he was shocked by electricity.
Before rescuers could reach the man, he was seen on the lift at times shaking and appeared to be writhing pain.
A coworker, Tommy Steele, accompanied the injured man who said, "It was a horrifying experience."
McAlester Fire Chief Brett Brewer said the man was talking to emergency rescuers while he was being treated.
A lift he was using could not immediately be lowered, but our photographer captured the man being rescued. The man was transported by EagleMed emergency medical helicopter to Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
For more on this story, see the print or electronic editions of the McAlester News-Capital. Click here for print edition home delivery or click here to see the Smart Edition for your computer, tablet, e-reader or smartphone.