- Local News
Oklahoma Highway Patrol motorcycles used by troopers while teaching safety class are pictured recently.
OHP slates free motorcycle safety course
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol will be back in McAlester to give a free motorcycle safety course on April 26.
- Couple seeks to help homosexual community in McAlester
- Look what's going on downtown McAlester tonight
- OHP slates free motorcycle safety course
- Local Sports
McAlester senior Chance Sistrunk goes for the forehand during the one-singles championship against Collinsville at Friday’s McAlester Burn Out tennis tournament at the Bob Brumley Gymnasium tennis courts.
Buffs sweep Burn Out Tournament
McAlester won four divisions and placed in the top four in the other four in their annual Burn Out Tournament, powering the Buffaloes and Lady Buffaloes to twin tournament championships Friday at the Bob Brumley Gymnasium and Chadick Park tennis courts.
- Clark Bass Invitational track meet results
- Meadows' walk-off leads Buffs
- Kiowa gymnast wins in Ada
- Midweek Update: Baseball season winding down
- Buffs sweep Burn Out Tournament
In this 2010 file photo, a cow waits for its turn at last year’s Beef Show competition.
McAlester livestock report
On Tuesday, 1,200 head of cattle were sold at the McAlester Union Stockyards. Steers sold $2 to $9 higher than at the last sale and heifers sold $4 to $8 higher.
- Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
- Tax deduction for a gym membership?
- OSU Extension: Cattle tips for spring
- Richardsons celebrate 50 years of marriage
- McAlester livestock report
- State news