- Local News
Democrat or Republican? Deadline set to change party affiliation
Voters in Pittsburg County and the rest of Oklahoma who want to change their political party affiliation prior to the upcoming statewide primary and runoff elections have until the end of this month to do so.
- At Chadick Park
- McAlester Lions Club
- Democrat or Republican? Deadline set to change party affiliation
- Local Sports
Buffs win powerlifting regional
McAlester’s powerlifting squad scored in eight out of 11 weight classes, winning Class 5A with 99 points and finishing second overall among large schools at Saturday’s Oklahoma Football Coaches Association powerlifting regional at Hartshorne.
- Midweek Update: Winter season ends, spring gets under way
- Buff Baseball Photos
- PCLL Majors Opening Day
- Buffs track starts Friday
- Buffs win powerlifting regional
A flying snake is shown in the air with its body flattened in this undated photo. By splaying its ribcage the snake creates areas of low pressure on top of its body, generating lift and allowing it to glide. The snakes are found in lowland areas of Southeast and Southern Asia.
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.
- Real American food, New Orleans style
- Fly a Kite
- A Swing Thing
- Winter stifles pollen, but other pests can make allergies worse now
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- State news
Ingenuity keeps Cowboys in ‘Race’
Ranch work is equal parts animal care, land management and jack-of-all-trades Western engineering.
That experience came in handy for the McCoy brothers during the third episode of Season 24 of “The Amazing Race,” the CBS-TV reality series. The brothers put t
- Diplomatic immunity: Moorish American claims status, fails to appear for misdemeanor jury trial
- Latta team holds off Haworth
- Ingenuity keeps Cowboys in ‘Race’