- Local News
Heavy equipment operator Greg Wood removes more of the intersection between South Avenue and Country Club Road while working on Tuesday. Some motorists are still driving up to the intersection hoping to get through, despite signs that say “Road Closed Ahead.”
'Road Closed' means just that
For months, signs placed along South Avenue and Country Club Road read “Road Closed Ahead” — although the roads were still open.
Now though, the “Road Closed Ahead” signs on South Avenue, along with those on Country Club Road and Peaceable Road, mean exactly what they say.
- City extends 17th Street construction deadline to mid-September
- McAlester man facing rape charges has hearing date set
- 'Road Closed' means just that
- Local Sports
The Firm catcher Michael McNutt, right, tags out Dominators baserunner Julian McClelland during Tuesday’s men’s league softball game at the Pittsburg County Softball Complex in McAlester.
The Firm wins softball season-opener
Summer-league champion The Firm got two home runs from Timmy Lawson, run-ruling the Dominators 16-0 in three innings of Tuesday’s fall-league season-opener at the Pittsburg County Softball Complex in McAlester.
- Local duo wins night-fishing tournament
- Two McAlester Sluggers head to Florida
- Locals bowl for charity
- Savanna physicals and football camp upcoming
- The Firm wins softball season-opener
- State news
McCaskill announces legislation to battle sexual assault on campus
Missouri U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill joined a bipartisan group of senators Wednesday to announce legislation that aims to reduce the number of sexual assaults on college campuses.
- Enid man injured following pursuit
- Texas man critical after ATV crash
- McCaskill announces legislation to battle sexual assault on campus