- Local News
Detective's Dispatch: Buckle up
It only takes a few seconds to put your seat belt on. These few seconds could change the rest of your life!
- McAlester KTC students compete in state FCCLA contest
- Lackey: Challenge of today's church is to empower Christ
- Detective's Dispatch: Buckle up
- Local Sports
Meadows' walk-off leads Buffs
McAlester starting pitcher Mason Ross struck out 14 in a complete seven-inning outing, and Chad Meadows' fielder's choice scored Zach Baugh in the bottom of the seventh to give the Buffaloes a 5-4 walk-off win against the Pryor Tigers on Thursday at Mike Deak Field in McAlester.
- Kiowa gymnast wins in Ada
- Midweek Update: Baseball season winding down
- First Turkey
- Local Gymnastics
- Meadows' walk-off leads Buffs
A columnist for Slate advocates incentivizing Americans to lead healthier lives through revising the tax code to reward preventative health.
Tax deduction for a gym membership?
April marks another tax season when millions of Americans will deduct expenses related to home ownership, children and education from their annual tax bill. These deductions exist because of their perceived value to society; they encourage behaviors that keep the wheels of the economy turning. So why shouldn't the tax code be revised to reward preventive health?
- OSU Extension: Cattle tips for spring
- Richardsons celebrate 50 years of marriage
- MHS Student Paintings
- Pet of the Week
- Tax deduction for a gym membership?
- State news