- Local News
David N. Manning gives a a blast on a shofar, made from a ram’s horn and used as a call to worship, during the sixth and last of the Men’s Holy Week Breakfasts, served Saturday. April 19, 2014, at the First Baptist Church in McAlester, Okla.
Edwards: Spread the Good News on Easter — and every day
It starts with us.
McAlester Attorney Tony Edwards, of Lakewood Christian Church, delivered that message to well over 100 men and boys who attended the last of the Men’s Holy Week Breakfasts served Saturday morning at the First Baptist Church in McAlester.
- Rogers, Webber, ready for hearing on Webber's candidacy for District 1
- Council to consider city water plant's future: Karr to take Ward 4 seat
- Edwards: Spread the Good News on Easter — and every day
- Local Sports
The McAlester Jr. Buffaloes pose after beating Wister in Saturday’s Wilburton Middle School Hardball Classic championship at Gary Rosebure Park.
Wilburton Middle School Hardball Classic scores
Scores from the Wilburton Middle School Hardball Classic, played April 17-19 at Gary Rosebure Park in Wilburton.
- Jr. Buffs win Wilburton tournament
- Buffs sweep Burn Out Tournament
- Clark Bass Invitational track meet results
- Ross, Meadows lead Buffs past Tigers
- Wilburton Middle School Hardball Classic scores
A black-bellied whistling duck walks her ducklings across a street near Main Street Friday.
PAWS: Happy Easter
As I was growing up, it seemed that Easter was always a time for giving a cute little furry animal as a gift. We seem to associate this holiday with bunnies and chicks, and of course, kitties and puppies.
- McAlester livestock report
- Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
- Tax deduction for a gym membership?
- OSU Extension: Cattle tips for spring
- PAWS: Happy Easter
- State news